Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Incubator, outside...

DGE Concerts throws so many shows that its hard to keep up with them all. I even forget what bands I have shot and which I haven't. The sad part is that McAllen really doesn't have a great venue for shows. The guys at DGE work hard at trying to get the best shows to the kids in the area and the other day when they found out that the show was going to sell out, they decided to move it outdoors so that more fans could enjoy themselves. I personally loved the outdoor venue, it gave it a different feel.

I took a few shots, not many though. It seems that Hey Monday does not like to have pictures taken of them. Their tour manager kicked the man that runs the venue and me out, basically telling me that he didn't want to see my face around. I still managed to snap like three pictures.

As this all happened last night, I was reminded of a twitter that John Mayer talked about how "rock photography has died" because of PR people and tour managers. Most of the time it is not the band that controls the photography passes or the limit on pictures. Its their management that does all that and usually have a "3 song limit" with "no flash photography" and can only shoot in front of the barracade. That basically takes any true art to the photography out of the equation. Its rare but it happens when I get fun bands like FTSK or Shwayze that encourage me to be on the stage and right there next to them shooting.

ANYWAYS here are the pictures, just click the picture to see them all.

No comments: