Thursday, January 15, 2009

down time = thinking time.

So as some of you know, I went to Harlingen for the week to regroup and relax. It was sort of my way to think things out. I know a few people that like to do drugs and go on trips and that somehow everything comes to them during that time. Well for me I don't do drugs, I always tend to come up with the best plans when I'm around my family. Its true, for some reason I just always get more done when my parents are near. I don't know if its the fact that they are my parents and I feel like a kid around them or its the fact that I just know that I don't have a single problem while I am at their house and can actually think about things. Either case, I spent the past few days there pondering on what I wanted Aberazzi to become this year, as I said in my last blog, there are just so many choices! I came to the conclusion that I will be trying to do alittle of everything. I really miss the art aspect of taking pictures. It use to be this thing I did for fun and to show people things that they had either never seen or always wanted to see just didn't have the knowledge of doing it. Well these days my photography has become pretty simple, I think I still make people happy but in a different way. I decided that for 2009 I will force myself to shoot a picture everyday, I don't care if its a picture of water, if its done right, it will be artistic and something beautiful. There is beauty in everything, and that is something I am going to have to retrain myself to think. I will of course still be doing my every day shooting of concerts, parties and what not but for the most part, I want to create art!

I got home today and Monica was over, I thought it was kind of funny how much of a kid she is, and its inspiring to me. It really is, she always tells me that when she was younger she wasn't into girly stuff and was very proper and now that she is older she's like this super big kid. I can totally see it, everytime I hang out with her she cracks me up. The same goes with Zar, he's the biggest kid I have ever met. We have cartoons, stuffed animals, board games and other crazy things in our house to prove it. BUT you know I love that about my friends and I am going to use that to make my photography something unique and fun.

here are some shots from today....
Monica making some dinner...yup its a panda hat.

here's her dinner, the meal of champions.

Here's a shot I took tonight, there's NO Photoshop to it.

6 comments:

Monikapolitan said...

im so cute.

I mean... the panda hat... the panda hat is cute.


haha

Aberazzi said...

yes we all know you're so cute, not that you need me to tell you that. You have like 50 blog comments every day that tell you that lol.

Anonymous said...

I wish you much success
smoochie

Anonymous said...

Success and nothing less.

I'm a Toys R Us kid!

Audrey Leighton said...

the photo of monika is adorable, damn i want her hat...and her cup of noodles yum!

I really like what you said about how while you and monika and co get to meet musicians, i am in paris exploring a different facet of artistic life. It goes to show we all have somethingg/opportunities/
experiences to appreciate.

Just took a look at that last photo; the one of the camera and wow that is amazing!

greattt photography!

xox

frassy love

Aberazzi said...

FRASSY...I can't agree with you more. That's all I meant by what I said really. I have always believed that EVERYONE has the opportunity to make the best out of anything. Some people get to travel the world and see things, while others get to meet famous people, but a lot of people always see it as the grass is greener on the other side than appreciating the life they have.

as for the last picture, its something new I'm working on. I use long exposures in a dark room and then with a flashlight and different colored gels I paint the object.