Thursday, February 5, 2009

Light My Fire...

Art Walk is tomorrow and I am really excited. I will actually be at the art walk selling prints at the Monikapolitan table in front of Roosevelt's. I have had a few pictures from over the years that I've liked and everyone has always asked for me to print and sell. Well this week I've done a very limited print run of only (2)5x7's of each and once those are gone, that is it! So if there's a picture you've liked in the past from even back when I was just Abe Robledo, it might be for sell this week.

While looking at old work, I also wanted to create something new to sell for the Art Walk. So I thought since Valentines was coming up this concept of a matchstick couple would be perfect. I've had the idea for sometime, and have been wanting to create this diptych forever but I just never really had gotten around to doing it. I hope everyone likes it as much as I do. I was actually really sad, because it took me forever to build these little people and then it only took about 3 seconds for them to go up in flames. Oh, and to my roommates that probably woke up at 3:30am from the smoke detectors going off in the house, I'm sorry!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Monikapolitan said...

lol duuude, those are so cute and awesome! I want a matchbook couple ;/

Anonymous said...

didn't know you were selling your work last nite :p

Faune said...

haha cute. they are in love. <3 i hope you made some madd profits